Why Disaster Recovery in the Cloud?
Although the concept of cloud-based disaster recovery is relatively new, many companies are starting to leverage cloud services for this purpose. It can be an attractive alternative for companies that may be strapped for IT resources.
Having a disaster recovery site in the cloud reduces the need for extra data centre space, extra IT infrastructure, and extra IT resources; which lead to significant cost reductions. The usage-based cost model for cloud services is well suited for disaster recovery purposes where the secondary infrastructure is parked and idling most of the time. This enables smaller companies to deploy disaster recovery options that were previously only found in larger enterprises.
In fact, using our cloud backup, recovery and restore services, companies have experienced:
- Reductions in weekly backup times from 20 hours to 1 hour
- 5-year Total Cost of Ownership reduction by 26%
- 100% successful data restore rates
Also, the benefits from moving from tape backup to cloud backup are quite significant, including:
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Improved reliability and speed of recovery
- Optimized IT resources for more strategic and smarter corporate initiatives other than mundane backup
- Elimination of multiple point solutions along with the cost to maintain all of the solutions
- Leveraging one solution to backup data on servers, virtual machines, desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones, as well as your corporate data located in SaaS and PaaS-based applications
However, there isn’t a single blueprint for disaster recovery in the cloud. Every company is unique in the applications it runs, and the relevance of the applications to its business. Choosing the right cloud services provider is critical to a successful recovery.
e-ternity has a proven track record in both disaster recovery planning and cloud computing services. Find out today how we can protect all data throughout your company. Our agentless technology eliminates the need to install software on every target endpoint device you need to protect. You pay only for the total amount of compressed data from across your company – no matter how many desktops, laptops or other mobile devices are protection.
Let us show how you can eliminate the shortcomings of tape backup, which includes being vulnerable to obsolescence and being lost or stolen when transported off-site.
Contact us today